Assam Scholarship 2018-19, Assam Scholarship Form 2018, Assam Scholarship for ST, Assam Scholarship For OBC, Assam Post-Metric Scholarship, Assam Pre-Metric Scholarship, Assam Scholarship Scheme, Assam Scholarship Application Form, Apply Online Assam Scholarship Documents Required, Last Date Assam Minority Scholarship 2018-19, Assam Labour Scholarship, Assam Merit Cum Means Scholarship
Assam Scholarship 2018-19
Finally, the Government of Assam has started the application process for Pre-Metric, Post-Metric, Merit Cum Means, & Minority scholarship schemes. Talented and financial weak students can apply online for Assam Scholarship 2018-19 on or before the last date. This scholarship scheme is available for those students who meet the required criteria and their family isn’t able to afford their education expenses.
The Assam state govt running many schemes for Minority, SC, ST, & Other Backward communities. Students must have all required documents to apply for this scheme. Check out more details about this scheme from the given sections.
Type of Assam Scholarship Schemes
Post Matric Scholarship:- The meritorious students who belong to financially weaker sections of a minority community can get the benefits of this scheme. This scheme has started to give better opportunities to minority students for their higher education. This scheme can help them to increase their rate of attainment in higher education and enhance their employability.
Merit cum Means Scholarship
The purpose of the Scheme is to provide financial help to the students who are living under the poverty line but they are meritorious students and should belong to minority communities. This scheme has started to achieve a goal of enabling minority students for doing professional and technical courses.
NEC Merit Scholarship & Book Grant
- This scheme is for those who are studying in various types of Engineering and Professional courses approved by NEC. Applicants will get per month stipend and one-time book grant to complete their courses.
- The application process will be started in mid of November month.
- After filling the application online, the Head of institutions where the applicant is studying need to send the hard copy of application form along with all relevant documents to the Directorate of Technical Education.
- The candidates shortlisting process will be completed by December and the merit list will be prepared in January month.
- Scholarship amount will be transferred to the candidate bank account directly through ECS by 31st March.
Scholarship Rate to be given according to the course
|Engineering Course Approved by NCT||Stipend (Monthly basis in Rupees)||Book-grant (Per Annum in Rupees)||Total (Per Annum in Rupees)|
|Ph.D. / M. Phil.||1500||3000||21,000|
STATE ENGINEERING & TECHNOLOGICAL MERIT SCHOLARSHIP
This scheme is for those students who are studying in any of the engineering courses such as Diploma level, degree level, post-graduation level, Masters of Engineering & Masters of Technology. The disbursement of scholarship amount is a monthly basis.
Course wise Scholarship rate
For Diploma Course :
Rupees 150 per month (both outside/Inside the state).
For Degree Course :
Rupees 150 per month (inside the state)
Rupees 250 per month (outside the state)
For Masters/PG Course :
Rupees 1000 per month (both inside/Outside the state)
OVERSEAS INTERNSHIP SCHOLARSHIP
Overseas Internship Program in a foreign reputed University/Institution awarded to final Semester Engineering Students of Government Engineering Colleges of Assam. Selected students are paid for the Outbound and Inbound Air Ticketing, Travel Insurance, Visa, accommodation, food & hospitality.
Who is Eligible for Scholarship
Students who belong to the minority category and studying in various technical and non-technical courses or Pre Matric or Post Matric courses.
Students who are pursuing an engineering course from a recognized college or institute are eligible for these schemes
The motto of the scholarship schemes
The main motive to give scholarships to the students is to encourage them for doing higher studies. The financially poor students can fulfill their dream if they will be selected by the department for the studentship. This scheme enables students of the minority community, SC/ST/OBC & other students to complete their study without any tension of money problem.
Eligibility for Post Matric Scheme
- Candidates should be admitted in any government or private institute/college/university.
- Candidates who are doing ITI or any vocational training course are also eligible.
- Candidates should have scored at least 50% marks in their last class.
- Applicant’s family income from all sources should not reach 2 Lac per annum limit.
- Muslim, Christian, Sikh, Buddhist, Jain & Parsis are eligible to apply for this scheme.
Eligibility for Merit Cum Means Scheme
- Students should be an Indian citizen and be studying in India only.
- Students who have cracked any competitive examination does not have any minimum marks criteria whereas students who have admitted without facing any competitive exam should have scored at least 50% marks in their last class.
- Applicants parents income from all sources should not reach 2.5 Lac per annum income limit.
- Having all schooling certificate and college certificate.
- The domicile of the applicants.
- Birth certificate of the student.
- Income Certificate of their guardian.
- Applicant’s Caste certificate.
- Address proof of the applicant
How to apply for Assam Scholarship 2018-19
- Log on to the official website of national scholarship portal that is www.scholarships.gov.in or log on to https://dte.assam.gov.in/portlets/scholarship.
- Firstly read all the required information given above or check it through the official link given also.
- Now start your registration online or download the form online.
- Fill the online or offline downloaded forms with correct information.
- Upload or attach the needed documents.
- Cross check all details once before submitting or sending the applications offline.
- Save your registration number for further use.
- Take the print out a hard copy.
For more details visit Official website.